We’re always looking for great talent to join our growing team. When we have specific open positions, you’ll see them listed below. Or, feel free to send over your resume and interest at any point. We love chatting with you, learning more about your dreams and seeing if there’s a spot on the team for you.
BOOK PUBLICIST/SENIOR BOOK PUBLICIST – immediate need
BookSparks, part of SparkPoint Studio
TYPE: PAID / Full-time PR job in the book publishing industry
HOURS: 40 HRS/WEEK
LOCATION: Phoenix, Arizona
SparkPoint Studio, a multi-media company that focuses on PR, branding, social media, digital marketing, content and publishing for women storytellers (working with over 500 authors, major publishers, brands and influencers), is hiring a new book publicist or senior book publicist for its industry-leading BookSparks division. With headquarters in Phoenix, AZ, and satellite offices in California, Oregon, Indiana and Texas, the company is seeking a new “Spark” to join the BookSparks team in the Phoenix office. BookSparks works with a variety of big publishers and authors, including middle grade, young adult, women’s fiction, thrillers, memoir, and more. New York Times bestselling author Sara Shepard (Pretty Little Liars), Liane Moriarty (Big Little Lies), Glennon Doyle (Love Warrior) and Kristin Hannah (The Great Alone) are just a few examples. This position will report to the Publicity Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead 10-12 media campaigns per season, including developing and implementing extensive PR Plans for individual titles
- Create press materials, pitch letters, and media lists with a goal of securing national, regional, and local media in print, broadcast, and online outlets
- Cultivate and maintain strong media relationships, and client relationships
- Work alongside authors to generate unique content for guest article placement
- Other departmental duties as needed including media monitoring, book mailings, attending local events, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, PR, or English Literature, preferred
- 1-3 years (publicist), 5+ years (senior publicist) experience in a PR agency, full-service marketing agency environment, or publishing house, with extensive media contacts, particularly women’s, teen, and/or lifestyle media
- A passion for PR is required, a passion for books and the publishing industry is a big plus
- Effective organizational and project management skills with proven ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong communication and written skills with a proven ability to generate creative angles and pitches
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Cision Media Database, Dropbox, and Google Docs
If you’re ready to take an ambitious step on your career path and grow with us, we’d love to talk with you! Please email your resume to email@example.com and check us out at gobooksparks.com.