Join our tight-knit team and spark something new!
Interested in joining the SparkPoint Studio team? It’s so nice to meet you! Let’s sit down for a virtual glass of rosé and chat a bit about what it’s like to work here.
SparkPoint Studio is a female-led PR and multimedia agency based Phoenix, Arizona. (Learn more about the services we offer.) We are entrepreneurial, goal-oriented and relationship-driven. The women that thrive here are master jugglers, collaborative and passionate. We do not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
SparkPoint Studio is an equal-opportunity employer. We strive to provide a safe, supportive space in which you can thrive as part of our team. We offer:
- PTO policies based on tenure
- Flexible summer schedules
- Extended holiday leave
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Quarterly team outings
- Remote-work opportunities
Now that you know a bit about us, we’d love to get to know you. When we have open positions, we’ll list them below. Don’t see something that seems like the right fit? Reach out! We’d love to hear what you’re looking for and how you think we could work together. We’re always looking for:
- Associate Publicists
- Digital Marketing Experts
- Summer and Fall Interns
BookSparks, part of SparkPoint Studio
TYPE: PAID / Full-time PR job in the book publishing industry
HOURS: 40 HRS/WEEK
LOCATION: Phoenix, Arizona
SparkPoint Studio, a multi-media company that focuses on PR, branding, social media, digital marketing, content and publishing for women storytellers (working with over 500 authors, major publishers, brands and influencers), is hiring a new book publicist or senior book publicist for its industry-leading BookSparks division. With headquarters in Phoenix, AZ, and satellite offices in California, Oregon, Indiana and Texas, the company is seeking a new “Spark” to join the BookSparks team in the Phoenix office. BookSparks works with a variety of big publishers and authors, including middle grade, young adult, women’s fiction, thrillers, memoir, and more. New York Times bestselling author Sara Shepard (Pretty Little Liars), Liane Moriarty (Big Little Lies), Glennon Doyle (Love Warrior) and Kristin Hannah (The Great Alone) are just a few examples. This position will report to the Publicity Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead 10-12 media campaigns per season, including developing and implementing extensive PR Plans for individual titles
- Create press materials, pitch letters, and media lists with a goal of securing national, regional, and local media in print, broadcast, and online outlets
- Cultivate and maintain strong media relationships, and client relationships
- Work alongside authors to generate unique content for guest article placement
- Other departmental duties as needed including media monitoring, book mailings, attending local events, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, PR, or English Literature, preferred
- 1-3 years (publicist), 5+ years (senior publicist) experience in a PR agency, full-service marketing agency environment, or publishing house, with extensive media contacts, particularly women’s, teen, and/or lifestyle media
- A passion for PR is required, a passion for books and the publishing industry is a big plus
- Effective organizational and project management skills with proven ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong communication and written skills with a proven ability to generate creative angles and pitches
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Cision Media Database, Dropbox, and Google Docs
If you’re ready to take an ambitious step on your career path and grow with us, we’d love to talk with you! Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and check us out at gobooksparks.com.